This is the voice / by John Colapinto.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Easton Public Library System.
- 2 of 3 copies available at Lehigh Valley Library System. (Show)
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Easton Main Library||302.2 C683t (NEWEST) (Text)||31901004479780||New Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781982128746
- ISBN: 1982128747
- Physical Description: vii, 312 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Simon & Schuster, 2021.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 277-301) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction: Personally speaking -- Baby talk -- Origins -- Emotion -- Language -- Sex and gender -- The voice in society -- The voice of leadership & persuasion -- Swan song.
"A New York Times bestselling writer explores what our unique sonic signature reveals about our species, our culture, and each one of us. Finally, a vital topic that has never had its own book gets its due"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Voice > Social aspects.
Oral communication > Social aspects.
Speech and social status.